Affiliated chapter logo usage guidelines
GCSAA affiliated chapters have the option of using their own logo in conjunction with the affiliated chapter logo. Or, they may choose to adopt the affiliated chapter logo. In this case, the affiliated chapter’s name is printed underneath the GCSAA logo.
The primary function of the official GCSAA affiliated chapter logo is to identify at a glance those organizations who have applied and been admitted as an affiliated chapter of the association. Its success depends on proper and consistent usage. Outlined below are the general rules, reproduction requirements, and design methods and procedures.
- The official GCSAA affiliated chapter logo unit is composed of the graphic element with the text Golf Course Superintendents Association of America around the element. A banner is placed below the graphic element with the acronym GCSAA positioned in the center of the banner with the words Affiliated Chapter centered below the banner in italics. The official chapter logo may be reproduced in one color, two colors, a four-color process, or reversed out of a solid color with the official chapter logo appearing in white.
- When reproducing the official chapter logo in one color, black is preferred. If a one-color printed piece is done in a color other than black, the official chapter logo may be printed in the selected color, as long as it is reproduced at 100 percent of that color. In other words, the official logo may not be screened.
- When reproducing the official GCSAA chapter logo in two colors, PMS 342 C/3425U and PMS 209C/208U are the official logo colors to be used. However, if your piece is not printed in these two colors, you should reproduce the GCSAA chapter logo in one of the two colors used on your piece at 100 percent.
- When reproducing the official GCSAA chapter logo in four-color process, the logo must appear in the official colors using the following percentages of process color:
Green – C100, Y60, K40
Red – C30, M100, Y50, K30
- When referring to the size of the official chapter logo in 100 percent of its form, the width is 2 inches and the height is 2 5/8 inches.
- The official chapter logo may be reduced to no less than 25 percent of the 2 inches x 2 5/8 inches (100 percent) size.
- Letter spacing, thickness and proportion should not be altered on the official logo. Furthermore, typefaces resembling the letter forms that make up the logo should not be substituted for the official chapter logo.
To ensure high quality reproduction of the official chapter logo, always shoot from first generation art (camera-ready logo sheets provided by GCSAA) by photo-mechanical methods.
Design methods and procedures
The official chapter logo may only be used as a design element by GCSAA. Affiliated chapters may only use the logo as an identifier.
Affiliated chapter logo uses
The official chapter logo may only be used by organizations who have applied and been accepted as an affiliated chapter of GCSAA. Chapter officers from each affiliated chapter may request a logo slick along with a copy of the corresponding usage rules.
The only authorized use of the official chapter logo is on chapter stationery and newsletters. No commercial use of the official chapter logo will be permitted. No chapter shall use the chapter logo to promote the sale of commercial items.
No chapter shall display the chapter logo in any form not authorized by GCSAA or in any manner that is disparaging to the association.
We would be happy to provide a logo to you via email or CD. Please contact:
Leann Cooper, chapter services manager
Phone: 800-472-7878, ext. 3648