Since Spring 2004, 43 representatives from 16 local chapters have participated in GCSAA board meetings. This face-to-face communication has been a tremendous benefit to the board as it has learned about chapters’ struggles, strengths and needs. Many golf industry experts and allied association partners have participated in recent GCSAA board meetings and shared their insights and ideas.
Chapter representatives have engaged in strategic discussions including:
- Future of the profession
- Marketing Class A and CGCS members
- GCSAA positioning on golf’s major issues
- Success of the facility
- Volunteer engagement
Board meeting locations vary. The board takes the opportunity to meet with industry partners, major donors and allied associations in the local area.
Recent board meeting schedule:
- Spring 2004 – Jacksonville, Fla., – Florida GCSA and North Florida GCSA
- Summer 2004 – Lawrence, Kan. – Heart of America GCSA and Kansas GCSA
- Fall 2004 – Seattle, Wash., – Oregon GCSA and Western Washington GCSA
- Winter 2005 – Toronto, Canada (in conjunction with the Canadian Golf Superintendents Association Annual Conference) – Ontario GSA
- Spring 2005 - Phoenix, Ariz., – Cactus and Pine GCSA
- Summer 2005 – Washington, DC – Eastern Shore Association of GCS, Mid-Atlantic Association of GCS and Virginia GCSA
- Fall 2005 – New York City, New York – Connecticut Association of GCS, Hudson Valley GCSA, Long Island GCSA, Metropolitan GCSA and GCSA of New Jersey
The next board meeting is January 13-14, 2006 in Pinehurst, North Carolina. Representatives from the Carolinas GCSA will participate.