Employee Safety and Right-to-Know
Increasing demands regarding employee safety and right-to-know issues have added to the diverse responsibilities of the golf course superintendent. This specialization addresses employee training requirements to meet the standards implemented by regulatory agencies for safety in the work environment. Community right-to-know and emergency response procedures are other important topics reviewed in these seminars.
Mandatory -- These two requirements can be completed through your local American Red Cross or other similar agency. Please mail proof of current certification when returning your EMP application.
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
Elective -- Select three of the following GCSAA seminars or self-study courses.
Automated External Defibrillation (AED) Training (completed through your local Red Cross)
Environmental Check-up" How Sustainable is your Facility?
Hazard Communications - Self Study
Risk Management and Communication for Golf Course Superintendents- Online
Training your Employees for a Safe Facility - Online
- Previously offered courses that satisfy elective requirements for this specialization:
An Environmental Plan for Your Golf Facility
- A-Z of Pesticides
Environmental Considerations in Golf Course Management
Complying with New Health and Safety Regulations
- Golf Course Safety, Security and Risk Management Risk Communication for the Golf Course Superintendent
- Risk Management and Communication for Golf Course Superintendents - Self Study Print version
- Developing Your Hazard Communication Program
Employee Safety Training
Golf Course Risk Management: A Systems Approach